Saturday, February 21, 2009

The wonders of screaming!

I've been extremely emotional recently. Various things going on in my life have given me some ups and downs. During the last week, I've sorta come to expect myself to go from hyper to depressed, to giddy, to confused, to happy, to sad, and back to hyper again, all in a span of about five minutes. You could just say, I'm an emotional wreck. Today was no exception. I was quite happy in the afternoon, but then suddenly I got really down. Sadly, this was right before I was supposed to be going to a basketball game with Joel and Esther. So I wasn't feeling much like going. But I did.

We ended up sitting in the wrong place and were surrounded by fans of the other team. =P Now, I'm not terribly into sports so to me, it didn't matter much which team won. But since my dads a prof at the school I sorta had to root for them. And by the end I was anyway because I was quite annoyed with the other team. They did everything possible to get fouls called on the other team. And they were wimps. A few of them seriously cried just to get fouls called. Which totally irked me because I cannot stand wimpy girls. A little pain never hurt anyone so I hate when people make a big deal out of nothing. But anyway, we were surrounded by fans of the rival school and of course they were doing the typical fan thing: yelling like crazy at the refs, screaming when points were made, the whole nine yards. And they since the other team was getting on Joel's, Esther's, and my nerves, we decided to do our own screaming. Our reasoning for this was maybe not the best. We wanted to do it just to see how these loyal fans around us would react.

Perhaps this was wrong, I don't really know. But it was rather funny the first time we screamed really loud when 'our' team got a point. The lady in front of us just sorta turned around and had the most comical expression. So of course that made us just want to do it more. By the end of the game, my throat hurt from yelling/screaming so much. But slowly, throughout the game, I had started feeling better. The more I yelled, the more I felt a sense of relief. Like a huge weight of anxiety was slowly lifting. So by the end of the game I felt much better.

Then Joel wanted to go the a movie. The cheap theater in town only shows two movies at once. I don't remember now what the other was, but I know we looked it up and weren't sure it was decent. So we went to 'Bolt'. While it was sorta a dumb movie, it was just what I needed. I actually laughed while watching it. And I haven't laughed in about a week. Not a real laugh. Sure I forced a laugh a few times, but not a genuine one. In fact, I don't know if I had really even smiled genuinely this week either. So laughing felt marvelous.

And then after the movie, Joel decided he wanted to take Esther and I to go get ice cream. So to any of you that think Joel is just weird, I just want you to know, he is really very sweet. After all, what other guy do I know that would take me out for a game, a movie, and ice cream all in one night. =P He wouldn't even let Esther and me open our doors to get in or out of the car. =D He's quite a proper gentleman.

So last night I discovered that if you are feeling down, you should go scream your head off. Does wonders. =D But on a more serious note, I just want to thank God for my siblings, the best support group ever. I love you guys!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww! Mel, I am SO happy that you've discovered the joys of screaming! I've done much similar to you. ;)

It sounds like y'all had an awesome time too. =D As for that being wrong... I wouldn't know... I mean... I do it... Never really thought it was wrong, but that means nothin'. =P Also... Joel is too weird. You can be weird AND sweet at the same time ya know. =P

Melody said...

Yes, I'm glad to have discovered it too. I doubt I'll impliment it very often, but when the time's right... ;)

And I think you're right, Joel is still weird. I just discovered that he's sweet too. I wonder what he would think of such a description though. He probably wouldn't like being called 'sweet'. =P Oh well, 'tis true so I shall say it whether or not he likes it.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better Melly!!! =D
Well, Joel is who I call: Mr. Crazy Off Your Rocker, but he isn't weird. =P Sounds like he let you and Esther have an awesome night!!
Sounds like you have a lot of fun!! Wish I coulda been there. =P (even though we live hours away!)
By the way, on the comment you left on my blog: you said that you had really made everything worse. You've gotta stop thinking like that girly!! You make my life waaaay better than it used to be!! Besides, nothing was anybody's fault in this case. =P But you really help me, not get me down!
I love you too girl!! =D <3 =D <3
* hugs awesome big (adopted) sis *

Your little (adopted) sis,
~Maddie =)

P.S. Joel would die if he knew you two were calling him "sweet." ;-) *laughs*