Monday, February 23, 2009

The Awe inspiring God

Wow! I totally don't know where to begin. And if this post comes off as totally hyper, I'm really really sorry. I just, well, I'm totally in love with God right now. I was shown today just how much he cares about the little things. I know that I'm insignificant. In the largeness of the world, I'm nothing much. But God cares about me. Why? I have no idea. But He does and for that I am so thankful.

This past week has been the hardest of my life. I thought I lost a friend due to some jerkiness on my part. Then after working things out with that friend, there was conflict with another. And, well, I just felt as though I was ruining everyone's lives. I felt as though I was in the middle of all the turmoil that was going within me and a group of three friends. It seemed like everything I did caused something bad to happen in the group. And I was ready to just get out of it. I thought perhaps if I didn't talk to anyone anymore then everything would clear up. But that wasn't the solution.

One of these great friends always seems to know when I'm not feeling great. Don't ask me how, but it just seems like I can't even be the tiniest bit upset without this friend knowing. So he knew I was upset and asked me what was going on. After explaining how I was feeling, that I just made everything worse and should stop interacting with people, he did what he always does. He encouraged me a lot. He reminded me that I'm God's creation. And that when I think myself worthless, I'm really calling something God made worthless. It's no better than spitting in God's face.

But now that I wasn't feeling worthless, Satan decided he needed to attack someone else. So he got my friend Maddie feeling like she was unneeded. When I was trying to convince her that I loved her and she was anything but unneeded she said to me, "But... you have 'Jack' and 'Jane'. I'm just kinda... a side? =P I dunno... I'm just kinda here." (Yes, I changed the quote by changing the names.)

But God showed Himself again through a small series of events which you can read about here and here. I wont take time to talk about that here but please go read those to blog posts so you'll see just how amazing God is.

Now, what you just hopefully read was not the first amazing thing God did today. As I have been expressing in several posts, I have been feeling quite odd recently. This is all due lots or weirdness with Maddie and Esther(the authors of the two blogs above) and another friend of ours. And one thing in particular that happened was just making me act very weird. So this morning Esther told me that I should tell our mom about it. I felt weird doing so. It just seemed awkward or something. Just not the kind of thing I would normally tell my mom. But as I was telling her, I saw God's hand at work. Her response to the situation was just..... well, it was a total God thing. There is no other explanation. And you know, as hard as it was to talk to my mom about the problems I was having in my life, I feel like it brought us closer.

Wow, I'm really rambling. Sorry. When I get excited like this I sometimes can't help it. So let me just try to sum up what I'm really trying to say. I've learned a lot this past week. First, communication saves from a lot of heart ache. Second, God uses rough times to bring friends closer together. Third, God is just totally amazing!!!! Fourth, wow am I in love with God. Fifth, I'm utterly in awe. Sixth, how can anyone not see how wonderful God is? Seventh....

Okay, I guess you probably get the point. I could just go on like that for the rest of my life I think. But I'll save you the time and just leave it there. But I do have to say just one more time before I shut up and go to bed:

GOD IS AMAZING!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing post Melly!! =D
Yeah, this week has been totally crazy... more so for the rest of you than me, but I've had a pretty crazy one too. But then, after all that junk happened, and we handed it over to God, He just started working... and working... and just showing us just a little bit of the amazingness He can do!! =) Wow... I have to admit: this is the absolute craziest month of my entire on-going life. =P For the most part at least. ;-)

Love you girly!! =) A lot!! A WHOLE BUNCH!! =D Hehe! *hugs big adopted sis*

~Maddie

Unknown said...

I was waiting to see when I'd get to read your side of things, Mel. ;) Hehe. I must say that reading you girl's blogs has been a great help to me lately... Life is so big and scary sometimes. =P Just, thank you so much for sharing this! God is indeed obscenely AMAZING!!! I'm real glad that you learned... what was it? Seven lessons? ;) Thanks for sharing... I do not think you lot know--or ever really will know--how much all of your joy and understanding has given me the slap I needed. God bless.

~Riah

veronica elise said...

Amen!