Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day Poem

I know it's a little lame, but my post for today is just another poem I wrote for the holiday.

Love
Love is patient, love is kind
If you read your Bible I think you'll find
Love's more than sex, more than a warm fuzzy feeling
'Cause those are mostly selfish and to God that's not appealing

Love does not envy and it does not boast
Not proud or rude, doesn't seek self most
Takes work to anger love because it forgets wrongs
Love makes 'good' things more than noisy gongs

Love despises evil, but rejoices in the truth
Protects always, like Boaz did for Ruth
It always trusts, always hopes and preserves
Love never fails, no, it never disappears

To sum it all up, what is Love really like?
It's a thing to be taught while you're still a little tyke
To give up your life, in another's place
There's no greater thing, love is friendships true base

Now when you hear this most familiar of words
Remember it's more than the bees and the bird's
This holiday of love truly means much more
Christ's about sacrifice, not flowers of the door

Okay, I realize I really didn't write that, I got the majority right out of 1 Corinthians 13. All I did was add a rhyme hear and there. But my goal with this poem wasn't originality so much as it was just to remind.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful poem Mel!! Very true too. :) Thanks for reminding me of that.

~Madison