Tuesday, February 10, 2009

God is good, and the bible rocks!

Okay, yes I realize I really should be in bed. But I was so depressed earlier I really couldn't sleep. So I've been reading the bible and praying. And let me tell you, that does wonders for depression. Now, I was reading Daniel, which seems odd I guess. I mean, I should have been reading Psalms or something. But I have been studying Daniel so I just read there. And it was just what I needed. All throughout the book of Daniel, we are shown God's power, and man's weakness and dependence on God. I really needed to see that. Seeing that God doesn't need us to be strong to work in us showed me that, God can use me for his glory. I don't have to be Einstein for God to use my life. And really, what struck me most, is that God can use us best in our weakest moments. The weaker we are, the better He can show us how much we truly rely on Him. As we get stronger, we get prideful. That's what happened to Nebuchadnezzar. He was the king of the greatest empire in the world at the time, what did he not have to be proud about? But God showed him how insignificant he really was. In the height of his power, he lost everything and became as the wild beasts. Talk about humiliating. Thanks to all you that commented here or emailed me. Your words were more encouraging than you know. God brought you all into my life and I'm so thankful for that. Between you guys, and the amazing power of God's word, I'm feeling tons better. Sure, I still don't have any kind of talent in any amazing thing, but I was created by God. He knew me before he formed me, and he carefully knit me together. He made me who I am, and in his sight, I'm beautiful. So really, what else do I need to know? Okay, sure, I still want to be smart. But until something changes, I'm going to try to be content with how God made me. Just a plain average kid with a desire to impact the world.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Melly!! :( I'm so sorry you were depressed again. God is totally amazing! And the Bible does rock. :) But Mel, if you're ever, ever depressed, just e-mail me or chat with me, if you want to. But don't leave me girl! I need ya!! :( What would I do if I didn't have my Melly to talk to? You're awesome girl! I love you!! :D

~Maddie

Melody said...

Thanks Mads! I wont leave ya! Hehe, I don't know if you need me as much as I need you.=P Every time I chat with you I always get encouraged. So I will definitely drop you an email next time I'm depressed, or see if you're on gmail and chat. Hey, if you didn't have your Melly to talk to.....you could.....talk to Esther! =P But I know what your saying. If I didn't have you to talk to I don't know what I'd do. I feel like I've known you my whole life, even though it's only been what, five or six months? I love ya girly! =)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are feelin' better, hon! The Bible does indeed do wonders on a bit of melancholy. =D Oh! And, after reading Esther's comment on the blog before this... O.O DUDE!!! I'm lucky to get a B in math... And math running in the family aka having genius math peeps as your relations?! MELODY!!! You are being far too harsh. I'd know too, as I am very apt to be harsh on meself too. =P Anyways. Yeah. Um, I haff nothin' more to say. I should go and scrounge for some lunch now. =D TTYL, hon!

Unknown said...

Meh, well, I suppose we both need each other then, eh? =P Mmk!! lol, well... I don't see myself as terribly comforting, but I'm glad I am to you! =D lol, I dunno if it has even been that long. But maybe it has... I can't remember. Anyway, however long it has been, it has been SO awesome being friends with ya! =D Love ya too! *hugs*

~Maddie