Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Poem

Ok, sorry I don't have time for a real post right now. So I'm just going to post a random poem. I wrote this about a year ago and came across it the other day. And I'll warn you, my poetry is not wonderful. Far from it. I never can get any rhythm so sometimes it doesn't flow too well. But anyway, here it is.

Mercy

I was studying mercy the other day,
Looked to see what the bible had to say.
Each verse I read seamed to make it quite clear,
Mercy's undeserved, that's why it's so dear.

If it weren't for mercy, we'd all be dead.
I'm sure you remember what to Titus Paul said,
Not through righteous things that we have done,
We were saved by God's mercy in sending His son.

Peter calls us all God's elect.
Says when we're saved there's an immediate effect.
Taken out of darkness and placed in the light,
Our completely blind eyes at once received sight.

This is the mercy of God above.
This is the true definition of love.
Now I would like to reflect this each day,
Showing mercy to others in some special way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Great job. You are good at writing poems, so don't say that nyour not! =)

Lauren Ann

Unknown said...

WHAT did you say Mel? Did you just say that wasn't good? It is too girly! :P That is awesome! I wish I could write poetry like that. ;-) lol
By the way, I love your new blog! I know it is hard to do posts on your other blog, so this will be great for you. :)
Lookin' forward to more posts!
Love ya! *hugs*

~Maddie

Unknown said...

Mel, this is great! Oi... You've def got something there, dear. =)

Marissa Kayann said...

This is really good!! :-)
I love it.

~Marissa