Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ben Rush

Ok, so I signed up for the Benjamin Rush Award Program on GenJ. And now I'm freaking out about it. Like, all the requirements are crazy. I don't know how in the world I'm going to get it all done. Especially getting 20 people to sign up. I mean, the majority of my friends, I met on GenJ. So how am I supposed to get 20 OTHER people to sign up. I don't even know that many non GenJers. Yeah, I know it's sad that my friends mostly consist of people that I've never even met in real life. But somehow I have to get 20 people to sign up.

On a lighter note, I get to do some really cool stuff as requirements for the program. Like writing 3 letters to legislator. 3 letters to the editor. Registering 75 people to vote. Doing 75 hours of voluteer work. Go on 3 lobbying trips. Take 3 online civics courses. And then two electives(I don't like most the elective choices but probably I'll do six current even blog posts and make a video).
So yeah, all that stuff looks fun. It will be totally hard work, but fun none the less.

But as if the reward of the experience I'll be getting from all that isn't enough, if I can complete it all, I get an award for it. =D If I do all the above mentioned stuff and it is satisfactory, and I have top five number of points in the end, I will get a $1000 scholarship to a school of my choice plus and i-pod. If I don't do as well, I technically have five levels I can do. With different prizes based on the requirements. But I am aiming for the top. I mean, it can't hurt to try. =D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is GenJ? =O

Marissa Kayann said...

Sounds cool
hope you get the 1,000 dollars =D

~Marissa

Unknown said...

AWESOME! Ben Rush is such a cool program! I look forward to a blog post or 2 in the future about some of your experiences with that! =D I'll be praying for you! <3 ~M