Monday, April 6, 2009

I don't really have a title

I'm slightly frustrated right now so I decided to take my mind off my frustrations and blog about some not frustrating stuff.

This past Saturday, we went to my sisters baby shower. =) I felt a little out of place there. I mean, I'm only 15 and everyone else there either was married and had a kid or was old enough that they could be married and easily have a kid. So yeah, I felt sorta like i didn't fit there. But I got to hold the most adorable little girl so I was happy! =)

I'm kinda broke so I couldn't get a gift for my sister so Esther and I made the cake for the shower as our gift and I now kinda wish we hadn't. I mean, it tasted okay I guess. But I'm not exactly an experienced cake decorator so it didn't look very nice at all. And my oldest sister came up from TX and did all the decorating for the party and she is an AMAZING decorator. I mean, everything was just gorgeous. And then there was the cake....

Oh well, if I overlook the embarrassment, then it was fun. I got to see my nephew. He is growing up way too fast and he's just as cute as can be. The poor guy though, he goes to see family and there are so many people he gets kinda overwhelmed. So he was very clingy to Sharon. The only time he really came very close to letting me even touch him was when I was asleep on the couch after the shower and he climbed up on top of me. It was a pleasant way to wake up. =) But then when i woke up I think I scared him again because he got down. =( I guess I'm a pretty scary person.

Over all, it was a good day. =D =D

But now I'm frustrated with some stuff and I'm trying to be responsible but sometimes being responsible is just.... HARD!!! Sometimes I just want to do the easy thing but I can't and yeah, I need to go read the Bible for awhile. I need some answers and that's the best place to look.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Melly. =) * hugs *
Aww, sounds like a hard time. Oh, and trust me, if it makes you feel *any* better, I'm a horrible cake decorator. I tried it once, and I was a failure. I'm sure yours looked ten times better than mine did. =P
Aww, yeah, your nephew is cute. =) I know how ya feel though. =( I mean... kids have never seemed to like me, even though I absolutely love them. So yeah... I know how ya feel.
Well, I hope you feel better soon!! * hugs * Love ya! <3

~Maddie

Unknown said...

Dude. I could thwack you. I saw that cake. It looked awesome. And I am not one for ego inflation or hot air up the skirt blowing, savvy? Ask Jordan. You trust 'im. He can tell you. (Just make sure he is being serious first.) =P

I know what you mean about the right, responsible thing being hard. It reminds me of a song. =P Heheh. But yeah. I'll be prayin' for ya, love. =)

~Mariah

Melody said...

What song, Riah? I'd love to listen to it. =)