Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My birthday.....

Okay, for starters, I just want to thank all of you for all the prayer. Still feeling very inadequate and got all my insecurities, but overall, I'm doing a lot better. So thanks much!! =)

And, because I'm just weird like that, I'm posting a poem for by birthday (shall talk about my birthday afters) This is just something I wrote that is.... well, I guess about being a women of noble character. I have to admit I kinda think about the idea of marriage a lot so this just came from me wondering if I'll ever be ready to meet a man's needs. It's based on Proverbs 31



Lemuel spoke of the wife that's a jewel
In his words in that proverb filled book.
His mother taught him to not be a fool
When for a wife he did look.

A wife of noble character is hard to find
Her husband trusts her with everything
In her all kinds of value, God did bind
Like merchant ships, food from afar she will bring

She does not sleep as long as the sun
She cares for those in need
she never stops work when what's required is done
The snow of winter she doesn't heed.

Her reward come later in her life
When her children bless her name.
Because she's such a mother and wife
Her husband will do the same.

Her beauty might turn to wrinkles and gray,
But she's praised for the Lord has her fear
Her heart's grown more lovely, since her wedding day.
So her husband treasures her dear.

This is the woman Lemuel spoke of.
To become like her is my prayer
That I'd be so worthy of a husbands love
And have a heart so fair.



Okay, so it's pretty corny, but I actually wrote that back in either December or January and decided to post it for my birthday just because that's what I do. =P

But now that you've suffered through my cheesy poetry you can suffer through my birthday rant. =P

Today started out good. I woke up and was greeted with lots of smiles and hugs. I did some girly primping which I don't always do but felt like doing today..... so my hair actually looks okay today. =P Then I got the cutest pair of shoes from Esther and Abby and a very cute pair of earrings from Beky. Then today became sorta not-so-good. I had to start volleyball today and I've never played before and since I am so bad with sports I was totally dreading it. But I went because I didn't have a choice and made a total fool of myself. Basically, the only thought that went through my head the whole time was, "I'm the only tall person here that doesn't know what she's doing!" And now my arms and hands are totally bruised up. My mom said it looks like I'm a druggie because of the way I bruised. It doesn't look pretty.
I came home and went running with Esther (Yes, me! I went running. Stop staring at me in shock like that. You'd think the idea was preposterous. Okay fine, it kinda is.) But yeah, I've got this new plan to actually get skinny so I've started running. After running I ate a little breakfast(hardly counts as breakfast since it was like 12:30 by that point) Then not too long after that I went to lunch with my mom. (yes I know, that wont help me get skinny eating two meals within and hour and a half of each other.) Then I came home and Joel was home so he gave me his gift. It was Skillet's CD, Comatose! =D=D
Then Esther and I went to the mall because I decided since it's my "sweet 16" and on top of that, my golden birthday, I should go spend some of my birthday money at the Mall. I am in desperate need of some new jeans right now so that's what I went for. BUT, the Mall doesn't believe in girls who are 5' 10.5" with all their height in their legs. And on top of that, even if I decided to just wear my jeans WAY too short, unless I go to a granny store, I'm FAR too fat. I feel like I'm the only girl on the planet that doesn't wear size 5 or smaller.
Needless to say, I'm too fat and too tall. So my trip to the mall ended in me wanting to just die. On the way home I blared my new Skillet CD hoping that it would help. It didn't!
Right now I'm sitting here fighting back tears wishing for all the world I could STOP BEING A FREAK!!!!!! Why is it I have to be the person who gets stuck with freakish height? Why can't I be 5' 2" like every other girl on the planet? I know God had some reason for making me a freak, but why couldn't he include a store that sold long jeans in that plan? I've been laughed at for wearing "high waters" before.... little to people know that I buy pants that on most people would need at least six inches cut off to make them fit. I just want to be normal. The one stinking store in the mall that sells jeans at least close to long enough for me, I can't even afford to look into. I know it's wrong to ask God why, but I've been doing that for the past two hours now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday sis!! =D *hugs*
Well... first of all... the poem was not corny. I thought it was really, really, really good! =D I really like your poetry. =)
Anyway... second... you are most definitely *not* a freak. You're my gorgeous sis, and I love you for that. =) Sure you're tall. But being tall is good. Trust me, down here, I feel the same way. I'm short compared to a lot of my friends. But you aren't a freak. Everyone is different. And remember: the more different we are, the more awesome we are. =D
I love you! I'm proud to have such an awesome, pretty sis. =) *hugs* I hope we can chat soon!

~Maddie

Unknown said...

Oh chyeah. xD Happy-Late Birthday. I emailed you my comment. =)

Anonymous said...

It most certainly is not wrong to ask God why. If Jeses, the one who knew no sin, could hang on the cross and cry out, "Why have you forsaken me?" the action itself--so long as it doesn't escalate into something more sinister--has no negative moral connotation. And in a way, I feel that not asking God why when that is the very thing that is in your heart is doing Him a disservice. He wants us, all parts of us. That includes the little trivial things we see as imperfections (which are beautiful in His eyes), and the part of you that grieves from a flawed perspective. The question is not whether you ask God why, the question is what are you going to do with those feelings once you have them. You can either lay them at God's feet, or you could turn away from His loving grace and inwardly obsess over your "iniquities".

Anonymous said...

Hm. . . After reading my comment again, I feel like it was somewhat insensitive. Sorry for that.