Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

For you, Mama!


Today is for you because you're a mom
What mom means I will now make clear
It means that you sacrifice many things
For the children that you hold dear

You could have gone out and gotten a job
The career that you truly desired
But instead you stayed home to raise us kids
Though often you get real tired

Though you're not paid a grand salary
Your work is of value untold
You cook, you clean, and you do laundry too
While our math equations unfold

I'm not perfect I do things I don't mean
say things like, "I hate you" and such
The truth is without you, I'd be nothing
From you I've learned so very much

I regret times I've made you feel worthless
Like the life you chose was for not
It's in times like that, I've not used my brain
I spewed anger without a thought

I'm so very sorry for all those times
You truly mean the world to me
You are so special because you're a mom
Another like you will never be

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yo, Miss Melody. Beautiful. I bet your mum liked that. =) I'm just here being an awful daughter still having not finished writing the letter I'd started to her. xP