Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It got published. =)

Yay, now I'm really happy. They did publish my letter... sorta. Not exactly. I mean, it didn't actually get printed in the paper I don't think. (we don't get the paper so it's hard to tell. I've just been checking online.) But it did get put in today's Reader's Forum. So it's online at least. It's really short, and I don't know if it really even makes sense. But I guess if it got published it must have made at least a tiny amount of sense. If you care to read it, you can here. It's at the bottom. I was looking this morning to see if it was there and I didn't see it. So when Esther showed me that it was there I was really super excited. And a few days ago I was getting really discouraged about Ben Rush and I was ready to quit. But now I'm excited about it again. So I'm back on it. =) Now I'm working on looking up some stuff about my Congressman and Senators so I can do my first letter to legistlator. Oh, and if anyone knows a good way to find voting records, I'd be ever so thankful if you shared it. I'm having trouble finding anything. Thanks.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome Melly!! =D * hugs * Yea!!!! Well, you better stay in Ben Rush! 'Cause I wanna see all the stuff you do!! =)

~Madderly

Unknown said...

Ha! I knew it'd get published. I'm totally a psychic. ;) Anyways. Congrats, girl! =D Your letter was very good. Clear, concise, and just... I liked it. =D

I ditto Madison when she says DO NOT QUIT BEN RUSH!!! Stick with it. You'll never regret sticking with it... But you will regret quitting. Plus you're learning a lot, no? That is always a plus. =D

God bless!
~Riah

Melody said...

Thanks girls! Yup, you were right Riah. Smart are you. =) I'm to excited about Ben Rush to think about quitting right now. In the middle of a letter to legislature. =D Having trouble formulating my thoughts right now though. Normally once I start writing it just sorta comes to me, but right now I'm having no such luck. Ah well, it'll come to me eventually. And yes, I'm learning a lot. Like, writing letters to the editor is rather fun! =D I think I'll keep writing them even after I've got my Ben Rush quota.

Davis Family said...

Way to go Mel! I'm a pretty proud big sis! Great job on the article! Keep up the hard work!

Anonymous said...

Man, it would be so much easier for you to get your award if certain people who said they would let themselves be recruited to GenJ for you would actually follow through.

I regress.

You must live in a pretty conservative city if your "hate speach" got published.

Melody said...

Nope, I don't live in a conservative city at all. Totally democratic. =P I haven't a clue why they published it. But hey, I don't really care. =P It did somehow so I'm happy.